Associated Press , Published February 22 2013
Woman charged with kidnap of Minneapolis childMINNEAPOLIS — A Minneapolis woman has been charged with kidnapping after police said she befriended another woman and then made off with her 8-month-old son.
Isabel Diaz-Castillo, 30, was charged Friday in Hennepin County.
The boy's mother, Vicky Orozco, called police Wednesday and said her son Carlos had been taken from her apartment while she was taking a shower. The boy was recovered a few hours later.
According to a criminal complaint, Diaz-Castillo had met Orozco about a month earlier and taken “an extreme interest” in the boy.
Diaz-Castillo's sister-in-law told police that when Diaz-Castillo showed up Wednesday with the child, she said it was a son she had been trying to bring back from Mexico.
Diaz-Castillo was in the Hennepin County Jail on Friday and didn't respond to a message.
Copyright © 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained in the AP News report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.