Forum staff reports , Published February 14 2013
Vikings unveil updated Norseman
The Norseman, which has been around since the team's inception in 1961, has slight changes. The team says on its website that it now has a "more natural and defined look."
There are five subtle changes. So what’s different?
1) Horn shape: The shape of the horns has been adjusted and the shading in the horns has changed.
2) Horn base: The base of the horn now resembles the horn on the players’ helmets.
3) Face detail: Thicker lines have been added to the mustache and face.
4) Vikings gold: The Vikings Gold is now brighter and less brassy.
5) The braid: The braid has been shortened, resulting in a reduced logo height.
The team says fans can expect to see both versions of the logo during the transition period, but the enhanced mark will be noticeable immediately throughout vikings.com. Merchandise with the enhanced Norseman could be available as early as March.