« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Forum staff reports, Published February 13 2013

Fargo strip mall evacuated after gas leak

FARGO – Fire crews evacuated about 20 employees from a strip mall in south Fargo on Wednesday morning due to a gas leak.

Fire Battalion Chief Chris Rasmussen said employees at University Square, 2615 S. University Drive, reported the smell of natural gas around 9:14 a.m.

Fire crews and Excel Energy turned off the building’s natural gas service and evacuated employees as a precautionary measure, Rasmussen said.

The building was ventilated and gas readings returned to normal. The leak was caused by a broken gas line inside the building.

No injuries were reported.