Forum staff reports , Published February 07 2013
10 female students earn event honorsFARGO – Ten high school students are 2013 Celebration Award winners, part of the annual Celebration of Women and their Music.
Winners “display exemplary skill, passion and dedication to their artistic discipline,” according to an announcement by the Celebration of Women and their Music site.
Monetary awards are provided by individual donors and range from $250 to $1,000 and one studio recording session at Video Arts Studios. Winners also get passes to the Celebration of Women and their Music event Feb. 16 at the Fargo Theatre with several of the winners performing.
Students apply in the fall, completing an essay portion and submitting work samples. Twenty-three applied this year.
• Alexa Puppo – dance/choreography – Fargo South
• Alexys Hewitt – musical theater – Davies
• Andrina Brogden – vocalist – West Fargo
• Carly Deal – visual art – Fargo North
• Emma Wood – vocalist – Detroit Lakes
• Grace Duginski – dance/choreography – Moorhead
• Isabelle Marcil – vocalist – Shanley
• Karina Swift – vocalist – Fargo South
• Nina Grollman – vocalist – Moorhead
• Rebekah Sandgren – musical instrument – Fargo South