« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Associated Press , Published February 07 2013

9 treated after carbon monoxide problem at St. Cloud State sorority house

ST. CLOUD, Minn. — Elevated carbon monoxide levels at a St. Cloud State sorority house sent nine people to the hospital this week.

The St. Cloud Times (http://on.sctimes.com/XaIlV6) reports the house had to be evacuated until the problem was fixed.

Police and firefighters were called after a doctor at St. Cloud Hospital detected elevated carbon monoxide levels in a tenant who went to the emergency room.

St. Cloud Fire Marshal Mike Post says rescuers went to the house early Wednesday and found potentially dangerous carbon monoxide levels.

Post says the fire department was called to the same house about a week earlier on a report of a gas smell but couldn't find anything.

A clogged vent line in a water heater may have been the source. The house owner replaced the water heater Thursday.

___

Information from: St. Cloud Times, http://www.sctimes.com


Copyright © 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained in the AP News report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.