Forum staff reports, Published February 02 2013
Suicide prevention chapter wins awardFARGO – The North Dakota Chapter of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention is the winner of the 2012 Chapter of the Year Small Market Award from the AFSP.
The North Dakota chapter was recognized for many accomplishments in 2012, including:
• Establishing a survivor outreach home visitation program;
• Implementing a children and teen survivor support group;
• Funding an interactive screening program for college students at Sitting Bull College, Fort Yates, and United Tribes Technical College, Bismarck;
• Holding seven “Out of the Darkness” community walks across the state; and
• Organizing the “Ride to Silence the Stigma” motorcycle run in Fargo and the Kurt Schreiner Golf Scramble in Bismarck.