Forum staff reports, Published January 30 2013
AARP’s Tax-Aide offices to open in FebruaryFARGO – AARP Tax-Aide sites, the nation’s largest, free, volunteer-run tax preparation service, will open in February and remain open until the April 15 tax deadline.
Service is available to middle- and low-income taxpayers of all ages with special attention to those 60 and older.
Area locations and hours are as follows:
- Olivet Lutheran Church, Fargo, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Mondays and Fridays. The site will be closed April 1.
- Hjemkomst Center, Moorhead, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Thursdays.
- Christ the King Lutheran Church, Moorhead, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Mondays.
- Faith Lutheran Church, West Fargo, 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays and 6 to 8 p.m., Tuesdays.
- Senior Center, Wahpeton, N.D., 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesdays starting Feb. 12 by appointment only. To make an appointment, call (701) 642-5746.
Individuals should have all of the documents they need to file before coming to a Tax-Aide site.
Employers have until Jan. 31 to mail W-2 forms and brokerages have until Feb. 15 or later to mail 1099s.
For more information, visit www.aarp.org/nd.