Forum staff reports, Published January 24 2013
DFC 14 set to take place Saturday at Scheels ArenaFARGO – The Dakota Fighting Championships is promoting a mixed martial arts event, which is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. Saturday at Scheels Arena.
DFC 14 “American Dream” has nine fights slated. The main event features Cameron Ramberg (Fargo) versus Doug Jenkins (Sioux Falls, S.D.) for the DFC featherweight title.
The co-main event pits Phillipe Nover (Brooklyn, N.Y.) against Tony Martin (Minneapolis).
Nover was a finalist on The Ultimate Fighter Season 8. Nover’s last fight was with Bellator Fighting Championships, the second largest MMA promotion in the United States.
“We’re trying to get the guys singed to bigger organizations,” said Chris Nelson, the promoter and booker for DFC.
Here is the complete card (subject to change):
- Doug Jenkins (8-3, Sioux Falls, S.D.) vs. Cameron Ramberg (6-0, Fargo), 145 pounds.
- Phillipe Nover (6-4, Brooklyn, N.Y.) vs. Tony Martin (5-0, Minneapolis), 155 pounds.
- Summer Artherton (0-1, Omaha, Neb.) vs. Amber Stautzenberger (0-1, Houston) 115 pounds.
- Brett Murphy (9-1, Minneapolis) vs. Brian Heden (23-11, Detroit Lakes, Minn.), 265 pounds.
- Mike Pickett (11-22, Des Moines, Iowa) vs. Jeremy Stetz (12-3, Fargo), 135 pounds.
- Deven Fisher (0-2, Winner, S.D.) vs. Kody Barberena (1-0, Thief River Falls, Minn.), 155 pounds.
- Kyle Wegner (0-0, Detroit Lakes) vs. Chris Bachmeier (5-1, Thief River Falls), 185 pounds.
- Devin Turner (0-1, Sioux Falls) vs. James Martin (1-0, Fargo), 145 pounds.
- Paul Hunhoff (0-0, Sioux Falls) vs. Sam Garrett (1-0, Sioux Falls), 155 pounds.