« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Forum staff reports, Published January 21 2013

Autopsy: 61-year-old found in Mahnomen storage shed died of hypothermia

MAHNOMEN, Minn. – Authorities say a 61-year-old man found unresponsive in a storage building this weekend died from exposure to frigid temperatures.

The Mahnomen County Sheriff’s Office received a 911 call at 10:44 a.m. Saturday from a local resident who found the man lying in the storage building at his place of business on Railway Street and was unsure if he was breathing.

Gary Goodwin of Mahnomen was taken by ambulance to Mahnomen Health Center, where he was later pronounced dead.

An autopsy listed the preliminary cause of death as hypothermia with complications of possible drug use, pending a toxicology test, according to a news release from Sheriff Doug Krier. There were no signs of foul play, the release stated.