Forum staff reports, Published December 27 2012
Moorhead High theater honored for ‘Putnam County’ production
SpotLight is the Hennepin Theatre Trust’s main educational initiative.
Moorhead High was honored for outstanding performance, production, chorus and orchestra by the trust.
Individual acting awards include:
- Devon Manney as William Barfee, Nina Grollman as Olive Ostrovsky, and Noah Johnson as Leaf Coneybear (all earned outstanding performance in a leading role).
- Annie Cameron as Mary Martha (outstanding performance in a supporting role).
- Jade Krsnak as Logainne (honorable mention performance in a leading role).
- Emily Kari as Rona Lisa Peretti, Cameron Wintersteen as Principal Panch, Drew Swenson as Chip Tolentino, Karina Twedt as Marcy Park, and Taylor Krug as Mitch Mahoney (all earned honorable performance in a supporting role).
- Jordan Hartjen as Mr. Ostrovsky/security, Tanner Tweten as Carl Dad, Colby Schwartzwalter as Dan Dad (all honorable performance in a featured role).
Moorhead High and its musical theater students will also be honored at the eighth annual SpotLight Showcase, 7 p.m June 3 at the Orpheum Theatre.
Shows are not compared or ranked against each other, so categories may have multiple honorees. Schools apply to participate and pay an administration fee.
Have a comment to share about a story? Letters to the editor should include author’s name, address and phone number. Generally, letters should be no longer than 250 words. All letters are subject to editing. Send a letter to the editor.