Published December 19 2012
Fargo-Moorhead holiday happeningsIf the seasonal spirit has avoided you for the past few weeks, now is the time to finally catch it. Tap into your Christmas cheer with one of these events.
• Santa Village, 4 to 8 p.m., today and Friday, 1 to 8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, Rheault Farm, 2902 25th St S., Fargo. Live reindeer, family activities, model train and light displays, cookie decorating with Mrs. Claus and the chance to visit Santa; free admission with a donation of canned goods, new or gently used toys or a cash gift. (701) 499-7788.
• Crafts for Teens: Gingerbread Houses, 4 to 5 today, Fargo Public Library, 102 3rd St. N., make and decorate a festive gingerbread house, all materials provided; register online or email teens@
cityoffargo.com. (701) 476-4076.
• Alpine Carriages’ Tour of Lights, 5:15 to 9 p.m., every night through December except Monday and Wednesday. Take a one-hour horse-drawn ride from Island Park down Eighth Street and through the F-M Sertoma Club Holiday Lights displays in Lindenwood Park. Flat rate of $100 for wedding carriage and $120 for people-mover. (218) 236-9162.
• Storytime: “A Creature was Stirring,” 6:30 tonight, West Fargo Public Library, 109 3rd St. E. (701) 433-5460.
• “Season of Light,” 7 tonight, Saturday and Sunday and 2 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, Planetarium, Minnesota State University Moorhead. Explore the history of various cultural holiday traditions, and astronomy-related details including hemisphere winter constellations, why we have seasons and astronomical theories about a star over Bethlehem. Tickets are $5 for adults, $2.50 for children, seniors and Tri-College students. (218) 477-2920.
• Rock and Roll Christmas Spectacular, 7:30 tonight, Historic Holmes Theatre, Detroit Lakes, Minn. A Las Vegas-style multimedia show that mixes an eight-piece band with music, comedy, parodies and a game show. Tickets are $22 for adults, $11 for students. (218) 844-7469
• “The 12 Dates of Christmas,” 7:30 tonight, Friday and Saturday, Theatre B, 716 Main Ave., Fargo. A new one-woman comedy about Mary and her dating mishaps. Tickets are $20, adults, $10, students; $5 student tickets on Thursday. (701) 729-8880.
• Free Noon Hour Organ Concert, Friday and Saturday, Fargo Theatre, 314 Broadway. Sponsored by the Red River Chapter of the American Theatre Organ Society, organist will be Lance Johnson; please bring a nonperishable item for the F-M Emergency Food Pantry. (701) 239-8385.
• Holiday Makers Market, 5 p.m. Saturday, Red Raven Espresso Parlor
916 Main Ave., Fargo. Works by local artists and crafters displayed. (701) 478-7337.
• Santa Fly-In, noon to 2 p.m., Saturday, Fargo Air Museum, 1609 19th Ave. N. (701) 293-8043
• Horse-Drawn Sleigh Rides, from 1 to 3:15 p.m. Sunday, Norman Lutheran Church near Kindred, N.D. Half-hour rides through the woods along Sheyenne River, weather permitting. Call for reservations. (701) 428-3225.