Associated Press, Published December 12 2012
Fire at Lambeau Field causes $5,000 damage
WLUK-TV reports (http://bit.ly/VXsWZZ ) workers were cutting a beam near the fourth floor Wednesday afternoon when sparks landed inside a wall, igniting foam insulation.
The area was evacuated. No one was hurt.
Green Bay Fire Lt. Nick Craig says the fire was small but in an unwieldy area. He says fire officials had to proceed slowly because they didn't want to open the wall and allow the flames an oxygen supply until they had enough water on hand.
The fire happened on Aaron Rodgers Day, a day the state proclaimed in honor of the Packers quarterback because Rodgers wears No. 12 and the date Wednesday was 12-12-12.
Information from: WLUK-TV, http://www.fox11online.com
Copyright © 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained in the AP News report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.