Published December 01 2012
Honors and Officers (December 01, 2012)LARL elects officers, executive committee
The Lake Agassiz Regional Library board has elected officers and the executive committee for 2013. Those elected are: Robert Perry, president, Wilkin County; Paul Bursik, vice president, Becker County; and Betsy Vinz, treasurer, city of Moorhead.
Members-at-large are: Craig Buness, Polk County; John Chevalier, Clearwater County; Evie Fox, city of Breckenridge; and Wayne Ingersoll, Clay County.
Boe appointed to Lake Region Arts Council
The Lake Region Arts Council, Fergus Falls, Minn., has appointed Christian T. Boe of Traverse County to its board of directors.
Boe graduated from Minnesota State University Moorhead with a degree in social work and served as director of Traverse County Social Services. He also has experience in writing and reviewing grants.
FHRA earns national award for Cooper House
The Fargo Housing and Redevelopment Authority has been named the winner of the National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials Award of Excellence in Program Innovation: Resident and Client Services.
The award recognizes FHRAs Cooper House, which offers permanent supportive housing for the dually diagnosed chronically homeless.
Two earn Carnegie achievement awards
Mark Bares and Jessica Hadley have won the highest awards for achievement for their participation in a Dale Carnegie Course they completed in Fargo.
The recipients for the award are voted on by class members upon completion of the course.
Bares is director of quality, North American and Oceania, with Bobcat Co. and Doosan Infracore International, West Fargo.
Hadley is originally from the New London and Spicer, Minn., area and is an account manager at ByteSpeed, Moorhead.
NDSU Extension Service staff, faculty honored
The North Dakota State University Extension Service staff and faculty have received awards from Epsilon Sigma Phi, the Extension honor society. All are based at NDSU unless otherwise noted. The awards included:
- Meritorious Support Service, Claudia Dean, senior administrative assistant, Ward County office, Minot.
- Meritorious Support Service, Kris Holt, administrative assistant in Family and Consumer Sciences, Program Development and Evaluation, and Staff Development.
- Meritorious Service, Julie Garden-Robinson, food and nutrition specialist.
- Early Career Service, Roxanne Johnson, water quality associate, Bis-marck.
- Mid-career Service, Rick Schmidt, agriculture and natural resources Extension agent, Oliver County, Center.
- Distinguished Service, Peggy Anderson, family and consumer sciences Extension agent, Burke and Divide counties, Bowbells and Crosby.
- Continued Excellence, Marcia McMullen, plant pathologist.
- Visionary Leadership, Marie Hvidsten, rural leadership specialist.
- Administrative Leadership, Brad Cogdill, Center for 4-H Youth Development chair and district director.
- Distinguished Team, Ken Hellevang, engineer; Debra Pankow, family economics specialist; and Lori Scharmer, family and consumer sciences agent, Ward County office, Minot, flooding preparation and recovery education and assistance.
- Friends of Extension, Ray Morrell, Mandan, formerly with state Department of Emergency Services; Phillip Mueller, Valley City, legislator and State Board of Agricultural Research and Education member; and Steve Wollmuth, Washburn, Western 4-H Camp volunteer.
- Program Excellence awards presented by the NDSU Extension with financial awards from Farm and Ranch Guide were: Be Sun Savvy, Garden-Robinson, food and nutrition specialist; Anderson, Burke and Divide counties agent; Mary Froelich, Williams County agent; Bill Hodous, Ramsey County agent; Dena Kemmet, Mercer County agent; Lionel Olson, Grand Forks County agent; Calli Thorne, McKenzie County agent.
- Farmland Lease Workshop Dwight Aakre, farm management specialist; Willie Huot, Grand Forks County agent; Andy Swenson, farm and family resource management specialist; Thorne, McKenzie County agent, Brian Zimprich, Ransom County agent; Paige Brummund, Ward County agent; Raquel Dugan-Dibble, McHenry County agent; Jim Hennessy, Mountrail County agent; Emily Kline, livestock environmental management specialist at the Carrington Research Extension Center; Joel Lemer, Foster County agent; KaSondra Staiger, Burleigh County agent; Evan Twedt, former Griggs County agent; and Ron Haugen, farm management specialist.
- Livestock Nutrition Training Series, Reid Redden, sheep specialist; Charlie Stoltenow, veterinarian; Karl Hoppe, area livestock systems specialist, Carrington Research Extension Center; John Dhuyvetter, area livestock systems specialist, North Central Research Extension Center, Minot; Lisa Pederson, beef quality specialist, Bismarck; J.W. Schroeder, dairy specialist; Jackie Buckley, Morton County agent; Staiger, Burleigh County agent; Carl Dahlen, beef specialist.
- New American Garden Project Carrie Knutson, Donna Bernhardt, Steve Sagaser and Jean Noland, all Grand Forks County agents.