« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Forum staff reports, Published November 21 2012

Fiery video shows fried turkey gone wrong

FARGO – Because of past incidents that led to injuries and damage to buildings, the Fargo Fire Department discourages the use of outdoor propane fueled turkey fryers.

But if people must cook that way, the Fire Department wants them to do it safely. To reinforce that message, the department posted a video on YouTube showing what happens when oil in a fryer gets too hot, there is too much oil and a frozen turkey is used instead of a thawed one.