Sherri Richards, Published November 15 2012
Holiday shopping events set this weekend in F-M
There are vendor booths, fair-trade goods and North Dakota-made products. Some events benefit nonprofit groups.
Here’s a quick round-up of this weekend’s events.
• Pride of Dakota Holiday Showcase, 4 to 9 p.m. today; 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday; 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, Fargo Civic Auditorium. Featuring 200 North Dakota businesses. Admission $2, kids 12 and under free. Bring your own reusable bag and save $1 on admission. www.prideof
• Alternative Gift Market, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, First Presbyterian Church, 2900 5th St. S., Moorhead. Items available include SERRV handmade items, BreadforLife jewelry, Native Harvest products, fair-trade coffee, tea and olive oil. Free admission. (218) 233-1192.
• St. Andrew LYF Annual Holiday Bazaar, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, St. Andrew Lutheran Church, 1005 1st St. E., West Fargo. Free admission, 10 percent of sales go to youth of church. Vendors, homemade crafts, door prizes, food and beverages for sale. (701) 282-4195.
• Grace Lutheran School Christmas Boutique, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, 1025 14th Ave. S., Fargo. More than 30 vendors and crafters. Free admission. (701) 730-2377.
• Pre-Holiday Vendor and Craft Show, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday, Hilton Garden Inn Ballroom, 4351 17th Ave. S., Fargo. Free admission. First 25 people receive free gift. (701) 499-6000.
• It’s a Wonderful Night Community Shopping Event, 6 to 9 p.m. Sunday, West Acres Shopping Center. Savings at participating stores, door prizes, Santa photos, holiday entertainment. Admission $5, kids 6 and under free. Proceeds benefit local nonprofits. www.westsacres.com/iwn.