Published November 07 2012
List of complete Moorhead area, statewide, national election resultsMOORHEAD – In the state of Minnesota, with all precincts reporting unofficial results:
• For U.S. president, Democrat Barack Obama beat Republican Mitt Romney 53 percent to 45 percent.
• For U.S. Senate, Democrat Amy Klobuchar beat Republican Kurt Bills 65 percent to 31 percent.
• For the U.S. House of Representatives in District 7, Democrat Collin Peterson beat Republican Lee Byberg 60 percent to 35 percent.
• For Minn. Senate in District 4, Democrat Kent Eken beat Republican Phil Hansen 52 percent to 48 percent.
• For Minn. House in District 4A, Democrat Ben Lien beat Republican Travis Reimche 55 percent to 45 percent.
• For Minn. House in District 4B, Democrat Paul Marquart beat Republican Paul Sandman 65 percent to 35 percent.
• For chief justice of the Minnesota Supreme Court, Lorie Skjerven Gildea beat Dan Griffith 58 percent to 42 percent.
• For associate justice No. 1, Barry Anderson beat Dean Barkley 62 percent to 38 percent.
• For associate justice No. 4, David Stras beat Tim Tingelstad 53 percent to 46 percent.
• For Clay County commissioner in District 2, Frank Gross beat John Young Jr. 52 percent to 47 percent.
• For Clay County commissioner in District 3, Jon Evert beat Greg Anderson 53 percent to 46 percent.
• For Clay County Soil and Water Supervisor in District 5, Joel Hildebrandt beat Jerry Janssen 59 percent to 40 percent.
• For Moorhead School Board, winners were Lisa Erickson with 17 percent, Matt Valan with 16 percent, and Cindy Fagerlie and Scott Steffes with 13 percent each. They beat Michael Siggerud and Trudy Wilmer, each with 11 percent, Paul Baker with 10 percent and John Rowell with 8 percent.
• A state constitutional amendment that would have recognized marriage in the state as solely between one man and one woman failed with 52 percent voting against.
• A state constitutional amendment that would’ve required photo ID for voting also failed, with 54 percent voting against.