Associated Press, Published October 17 2012
Officials put design of St. Paul baseball park out for bidST. PAUL — St. Paul leaders are putting the design of the St. Paul Saints’ new ballpark out for bid.
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota and Republican activist Greg Copeland filed a lawsuit last week, arguing the city awarded a design-build contract to the Ryan Cos. in violation of competitive bidding laws.
The lawsuit seeks to prevent the start of construction and force a bidding process.
City officials had previously said the project was exempt from the bidding process.
But the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports (http://bit.ly/PCi80M ) city officials announced Wednesday a request for proposals will be issued on Nov. 30.
Mayor Chris Coleman said in a statement they did it in the interest of transparency.
The $52 million stadium is expected to open in 2015.
Information from: St. Paul Pioneer Press, http://www.twincities.com
Copyright © 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained in the AP News report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.