« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Associated Press, Published October 10 2012

2 injured in farmhouse fire in southeastern ND

SPIRITWOOD, N.D. — Two men suffered burns in a farmhouse fire near the southeastern South Dakota town of Spiritwood that authorities say was caused by a furnace explosion.

Sanborn Fire Department spokesman Dana Didier tells KOVC radio that homeowner Paul Komroski and his father, Eugene, were taken to a Valley City hospital for treatment after the Tuesday afternoon fire. Family friend Susan Thompson says they were still being treated Wednesday morning.

The farmhouse about 18 miles west of Valley City was destroyed but a garage and its contents were salvaged.

___

Information from: KOVC-AM, http://www.newsdakota.com


Copyright © 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained in the AP News report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.