« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Forum Communications, Published October 08 2012

Hillsboro fire leaves family homeless

HILLSBORO, N.D. - A Hillsboro family was left homeless after a fire destroyed their home Sunday.

Traill County Dispatch received a 911 call just before 11 a.m. Sunday about a house fire at the home of Lynn Schultz, 22 S. 5th St.

Schultz and her two teenage boys, who were home at the time, escaped without injury. Hillsboro Fire and Rescue arrived on the scene within five minutes of the call, but the home and everything inside is a total loss.

The Red Cross is helping the family, but more donations are needed. Money is being accepted at the Dakota Heritage Bank in Hillsboro.

Hillsboro Police Department, Traill County Sheriff’s Department and North Dakota Highway Patrol assisted at the fire scene.

The fire is believed to have started in the area of a clothes dryer, according to police. Hillsboro Police Department, Traill County Sheriff’s Department and North Dakota Highway Patrol assisted at the fire scene.

For more information, contact Hillsboro Police Department at (701) 636-4441.