« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Forum staff reports, Published October 02 2012

Clothes dryer explosion causes rural house fire

WALCOTT, N.D. – Firefighters responded to a residential fire here Tuesday afternoon after a clothes dryer exploded and filled a basement with heavy smoke, according to a Richland County Sheriff’s Office media release.

The fire was reported just after 4:30 Tuesday, and firefighters from Walcott, Colfax, Abercrombie and Christine, N.D., and Wolverton, Minn., responded to the rural home. No injuries were reported, and the home sustained minor smoke damage.