« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Associated Press, Published September 28 2012

SD governor takes safety measures after threat

PIERRE, S.D. — Gov. Dennis Daugaard says he doesn't believe anything will happen to his him or his family following threats made by a Minnesota man as long as precautions are taken.

Daugaard's statements came a day after authorities announced they were seeking 53-year-old William Becker, of Monticello, Minn., on an arrest warrant. Becker is accused of threatening Daugaard and his family by phone on Sept. 20.

Since then, state officials have been implementing safety measures.

Daugaard tells KCCR radio that the threats were more specific than usual. He says the incident has been a “good reminder that it is better to be prepared and safe than sorry.”

___

Information from: KCCR-AM, http://www.todayskccr.com/


Copyright © 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained in the AP News report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.