Published September 23 2012
Cat goes to vet for flea bath but gets mistakenly euthanizedGARDNER, Mass. — A Massachusetts woman says her cat went to the veterinarian for a flea bath but was mistakenly euthanized.
Colleen Conlon of Gardner is grieving the loss of 8-year-old Lady, which she attributes to negligence by the vet, Muhammad Malik.
Her son took Lady to an animal hospital last week and unknowingly authorized the cat to be put to sleep after he says he was handed the wrong forms. He says he learned of the mix-up when he returned with a second cat and the vet asked whether he wanted to keep the bodies.
Conlon has filed a complaint with the attorney general.
Malik's lawyer tells the Telegram & Gazette that people should wait to hear all the facts before passing judgment and that he expects more information to come out.