Forum staff reports, Published September 20 2012
Fargo South High inducting 5 into Hall of Fame
Inductees for 2012 are:
- Robert Rohla, Class of 1971. Rohla began teaching in Fargo schools in 1975 at Longfellow Elementary. He was also principal at Horace Mann, Centennial and Longfellow elementary schools. He now teaches and supervises student teachers at Valley City (N.D.) State University.
- Jim Johnson, Class of 1973. He is brokerage director and vice president of business development for Minneapolis-based Hallett Financial Group. He has served on the Fargo School Board for 10 years, including several stints as president of that body.
- Paul Pappas, Class of 1983. Pappas is a headline entertainer and concert pianist for many cruise lines. He has performed with stars such as Harry Connick Jr. and Sandy Duncan, and recorded
five albums of piano music.
- Kirsten Houglum Mitchell, Class of 1992. She has played violin with the Nashville (Tenn.) Symphony since 1997. She’s performed with Amy Grant, Vince Gill and Matchbox Twenty, and on 21 classical albums. She taught at Austin Peay State University Community School for the Arts in Clarksville, Tenn., from 1999 to 2004.
- Michael Radniecki taught vocal music and directed choral groups and musical productions at South for 32 years, helping his students earn many state, regional and national awards.