Forum staff reports, Published September 17 2012
Moorhead High Hall of Honor to add 5 inductees
Tickets for the event are $20 and must be purchased by today. Contact Dean Haugo at the high school activities office, (218) 284-2346 to obtain tickets.
The school at 2300 4th Ave. S.
Inductees for 2012 are:
- Benjamin Dille, a 1978 graduate. Dille earned a law degree from the University of Minnesota in 1986 and was a lawyer in Moorhead. He has served with distinction in the U.S. State Department’s foreign service since 1991 in postings around the world. He received a doctoral degree from the London School of Economics in 2012.
- Dorothy A. Dodds, a 1941 graduate. She earned an elementary education degree from what is now Minnesota State University Moorhead and a master’s degree from Colorado State University. She taught kindergarten on the MSUM campus from 1949 until the kindergarten closed in 1972, then taught at MSUM until 1986.
She developed the first recognized early childhood education curriculum in Minnesota and is a founding member of Moorhead Healthy Community Initiative.
- Bob Paulson, a 1970 graduate. He has a bachelor’s degree from North Dakota State University and a master’s in business from the University of Denver. He’s served as an officer in the Army National Guard. He has worked at The Nature Conservancy since 1996, preserving the ecosystems of the region.
- Steve Wonderlich, a 1974 graduate. He is a graduate of Concordia College in Moorhead and has a doctorate in clinical psychology from the University of Missouri-Columbia. He teaches at the University of North Dakota School of Medicine in Grand Forks, directs clinical research at the Neuropsychiatric Research Institute in Fargo, and is chairman of the Department of Eating Disorders at Sanford Health in Fargo.
- Lloyd W. Paulson. He helped start the Moorhead Area Education Foundation, which has provided Moorhead High grads with more than $1.1 million in scholarships.
Have a comment to share about a story? Letters to the editor should include author’s name, address and phone number. Generally, letters should be no longer than 250 words. All letters are subject to editing. Send a letter to the editor.