« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Forum staff reports, Published September 15 2012

Fargo house fire causes about $50,000 in damage

FARGO – A fire Saturday morning caused about $50,000 in damage to a house here, but no injuries, according to a news release from the Fargo Fire Department.

The fire department responded to a fire at 1225 5th S. N. at 2:16 a.m.

According to the release, a pedestrian noticed flames in the back of the house and called 911.

The fire started on a deck behind the house. Authorities are looking into the possibility that the fire may have been caused by the improper use of a gas grill because the grill had been used Friday evening.

The fire department said the house had no working smoke detectors and was not protected by a residential sprinkler system.

Four people were renting the house. Because of the damage, they are unable to stay there and found housing with friends and relatives.

Fargo Police, F-M Ambulance and the Salvation Army assisted on the scene.