Forum staff reports, Published August 31 2012
Groundbreaker Field Day planned ThursdayHARWOOD, N.D. – Peter-son Farms Seed’s annual Groundbreaker Field Day will be held from 1 to 6 p.m. Thursday.
Some of the highlights will include:
- A corn management clinic focusing on how corn responded to this year’s drought conducted by John McGullicuddy, MC Agronomics, Iowa City, Iowa.
- The opportunity to speak with executives from Monsanto, Dow, Bayer CropScience and Syngenta about upcoming products.
- In-field plots of Agri-sure’s Artesian drought-tolerant corn, as well as HPPD herbicide tolerant soybeans.
- Updates from weed ex-perts about the continuing weed resistance menace facing our region.
- Technology displays featuring Monsanto’s single corn chipper, mega soybean chipper, and gene gun demonstration.
Supper will be served from 4 to 6 p.m.
Those traveling on Inter-state 94 should take the Mapleton exit and then go six miles north and one mile east on County Highway 22.
Interstate 29 travelers should take the Harwood exit, go 1.5 miles west and then south until the inter-section of County Highway 22, and then travel 6 miles west.
For more information, call (866) 481-7333 or to see a map to Peterson Farms Seed, visit www.petersonfarmsseed.com.