« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Forum Communications, Published August 15 2012

Two accused of sniffing glue in Grand Forks

GRAND FORKS - Police say they found two men unresponsive, sitting in a car early Wednesday morning in Grand Forks, apparently passed out from “huffing” glue.

Diwakar Dahal and Padam Chhetri, both 21, were found sitting slumped over in the front seat of a vehicle.

They had plastic bags filled with a whitish residue and a container of Liquid Nails Clear Seal, sealant used to water proof windows, ceramic, wood and other building materials, according to a court report from Officer Timothy Schuh.

He and Officer Jace Prelip responded to a nearby resident’s 911 call at about 5:20 a.m. Wednesday. The officers said it took some time to get the men conscious and they said they had been huffing, or inhaling the vapors of the glue.

Each was charged with illegal inhalation of the vapors of a volatile chemical, a Class B misdemeanor.

Dahal pleaded guilty Wednesday.