Jessica Ballou, Published August 12 2012
West Fargo dog show, Pioneer days among upcoming eventsWEST FARGO – Dogs of all shapes, sizes and breeds are invited to be a part of the fifth annual West Fargo Parks dog show from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday in North Elmwood Park.
Awards include best groomed, best dressed, best trick, most unusual breed, cutest puppy, owner/dog look-a-like and best of show.
Attendees can also visit with area pet vendors, register for door prizes and enjoy free hot dogs and beverages while supplies last.
Registration will be at 5:30 p.m., an agility demonstration at 6 p.m. and the dog show at 6:30 p.m.
This event is free and open to the public. The park is at 500 13th Ave. E.
Visit wfparks.org for more information.
Other events happening in the area include:
• Dog swim, West Fargo, Wed-nesday: Owners are invited to bring their furry friends for a swim from 5:30 to 8 p.m. Wednesday in the Veterans Memorial Pool. This event is free and open to the public. Dogs must have all shots up to date to swim. Visit wfparks.org for more information.
• Pioneer Days, West Fargo, Friday through Sunday: The annual Pioneer Days will be held Friday through Sunday in Bonanzaville. Events this year include a Native American pow-wow, medicines, tepees and crafts; a historic bridal fashion showcase; children’s games and a petting zoo; an antique snowmobile collection; and horse-drawn wagon rides. A one-day pass is $12 for adults and $7 for children ages 6 to 16. A three-day pass is $18 for adults and $12 for children ages 6 to 16. Visit bonanza
ville.com for more information.
• Harvest Days, Sabin, Minn., Friday through Saturday: Events for the annual Sabin Harvest Days kick off with tailgating at 5:30 p.m. Friday. Main events include a street fair at 9 a.m. and parade at 3:30 p.m. Saturday. Other events include inflatable games, a street dance, carriage rides, a car show, dunk tank, scavenger hunt and more. This celebration is free and open to the public. Visit sabinharvestdays.com for more information.
• Grape Harvest Festival, Buffalo, N.D., Saturday: Gates open at 1 p.m. Saturday for the seventh annual North Dakota Grape Harvest Festival in Buffalo. The festival features bluegrass music, free wine tasting, wagon trail rides, the annual grape stomp contest and more. Tickets are $20. Call (701) 633-5392 for more information.
• Creed, Fargo, Saturday: The rock band Creed has a concert at 7 p.m. Saturday in The Venue at The Hub. Tickets start at $28 for general admission. This is a show for ages 21 and older. Call (800) 300-8300 for more information.
• The Jass Festival, Fargo, Sunday: The 18th annual Jass Festival, an afternoon jazz festival, will be from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday at the outdoor stage of the American Legion, 505 3rd Ave. N. The Pickled Parrot will provide concessions and the American Legion Auxiliary, Eckroth Music and Games Galore will provide indoor and outdoor children’s activities. This event is free and open to the public. In lieu of admission, attendees are asked to bring an item to be donated to the Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Fargo and the North Dakota Veterans Home in Lisbon. Email Christopher@thejassfestival.com for more information.
Readers can reach Forum reporter Jessica Ballou at (701) 235-7311