Angie Wieck, Published August 06 2012
Corwin shows off Honda’s newest showroom features
The lot was previously home to Corwin’s Toyota dealership, which moved to a new location across the street in 2009. Corwin Automotive Group previously sold Hondas on its Dodge Chrysler lot.
The new location allows for 300 vehicles, around twice what was allowed at Dodge Chrysler.
General Sales Manager Victor Peterson estimates they’re able to sell 50 to 60 more cars a month since the move in February.
Some of the new showroom’s features include:
• Touch-screen computers that enable sales staff to show and explain vehicle features. Customers may also use the computers and the building’s Wi-Fi service while waiting for their vehicles to be serviced.
• A large-screen monitor displays car photos and the names of recent buyers on a continuous loop.
• Waiting areas include televisions and a self-serve beverage counter. A special play area for children is nearby with movies and touch-screen computers.
• Service advisers can use computers to scan a vehicle’s VIN number to get maintenance information, as well as any possible recall information.
• Green technology such as LED lighting and a heating system supported by waste oil.
Peterson said the location is considered to be the first Honda “third-generation” store in the country.
Corwin Automotive Group got its start in 1914 when S.W. Corwin began selling cars in Bismarck. He later moved to Fargo and established the business here. His sons, Charles and William, eventually joined him, and in 1981 his grandson, Tim Corwin, took over the business. The company first began selling Hondas in 2001.
Business profile: Corwin Honda
• Location: 201 40th St. S., Fargo
• Phone: (866) 353-9679
• Website: www.corwinauto.com
Have a comment to share about a story? Letters to the editor should include author’s name, address and phone number. Generally, letters should be no longer than 250 words. All letters are subject to editing. Send a letter to the editor.
Readers can reach Forum reporter Angie Wieck at (701) 241-5501