Meredith Holt, Published August 05 2012
Favorite things: Holt shares some of her favorite smells
We both associate certain feelings, emotions and memories with smells. Here are some of my favorites:
• Lilacs. My love of lilacs is rooted with the lilac bush in the front yard of the Seattle home I grew up in.
• Movie popcorn. Every time I go to the movies, I get popcorn with butter topping and add salt. Every time I eat movie popcorn, I feel sick. This does not stop me.
• Salty sea air. Taking in the fresh ocean scent reminds me of childhood and travels.
• Aussie Mega hairspray. It makes my hair smell like candy!
• I Love… Raspberry & Blackberry Bubble Bath & Shower Gel. This stuff smells just like a smoothie made with freshly picked berries. Yum.
• Victoria’s Secret Sexy Little Things Noir. Of all my perfumes and body mists, this flirty scent is my most-often-spritzed.
• The mall. Walking past Pretzelmaker, Cinamen Roll Co. or Mrs. Fields gives my nose warm fuzzies.
Readers can reach Forum reporter Meredith Holt at (701) 241-5590