Published August 02 2012
Otto Bremer Foundation awards $4.6M in grantsST. PAUL – The Otto Bremer Foundation awarded 81 grants totaling $4,581,165 in July in support of programs and organizations in Minnesota, North Dakota and Wisconsin.
Funds were donated locally to the following organizations:
• Concordia College, $30,000 to enhance the economic vitality of the northwestern and west central regions through support of the regional small-business development centers.
• Kindred (N.D.) Area Ambulance Service, $35,000 to support an addition to the ambulance garage and meeting center.
• Legacy Children’s Foundation, Fargo, $20,000 for general operating support for the organization that is helping teens achieve academically.
• Rebuilding Together – Fargo Moorhead Area, $60,000 to support the positions of executive director and program manager in order to provide home repairs and renovation for low-income families in Cass and Clay counties.
• Southeastern North Dakota Community Action Agency, $13,570 to support playground renovations for the Head Start program in Wahpeton.