« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Forum staff reports, Published July 24 2012

Kitchen fire damages north Fargo home

FARGO – Fire heavily damaged a north Fargo home Monday night after a toaster on a kitchen counter ignited nearby combustibles, Assistant Fire Chief Larry Schuh said.

Neighbors reported the blaze at 9:09 p.m. at 805 11th Ave. N. The occupants of the 1½-story home were not home at the time.

There was heavy fire damage to the kitchen and heavy smoke damage to the first and second floors, Schuh said in a news release.

A family cat died in the fire.