Anna G. Larson, Published July 20 2012
Favorite Things: SheSays writer reveals her favorite thrift-store finds
FARGO - I enjoy shopping – and when I say I enjoy it, I mean I really enjoy it. Department stores, boutiques, online, offline. You name it, I shop it.
One thing people might not know about me is that although I love the feel of a brand-new purchase, I regularly comb through racks and shelves at thrift stores and resale boutiques, searching for hidden gems. I’ve found everything from quirky jewelry to retro dishes.
Here are some of my very best thrifty finds. You know what they say: One woman’s trash is another woman’s treasure.
- Coach cross-body bag, $36, Clothes Mentor in Fargo
- New Orleans-themed charm bracelet, $3, Dakota Boys and Girls Ranch Thrift Store in Moorhead
- Vintage champagne goblets, 4 for $2.49, Savers in Fargo
- Director’s chair (not pictured), $5, Dakota Boys and Girls Ranch Thrift Store in Moorhead (with new canvas cover from Pier 1 Imports)
- Vintage Seattle postcard, 50 cents, Antiques on Broadway in Fargo