Published July 15 2012
New food options, kids' zone at this week's Fargo Downtown Street Fair
Stephanie Holland, coordinator of the fair, says the kids’ zone, which will feature games and activities, will be located on Third Avenue North and will provide more of a family-friendly feel to the event.
“Every year I try to do something a little bit different that adds a new dimension to the fair,” she says.
Foodies will also have plenty of reasons to check out the fair this week, says Jed Pahan, vice president of the Downtown Community Partnership.
In addition to crowd favorites like fry bread tacos and gyros, the fair will offer some new options this year as well, like a watermelon stand located near Third Avenue North.
Santa Lucia will serve up calamari, Brahan says. Other noteworthy new items include a wood-fired pizza, Frito pies and Original Joe-In-A-Bag.
“It’s the most variety of food that we’ve had in years that I can remember,” Brahan said.
Most food vendors will be located in the “food court” at Second Avenue North and Broadway, but a handful of vendors will be spread through the rest of downtown. These include:
• Old Fashioned Soda Cart: Fourth Avenue North and Broadway
• Watermelon stand: Third Avenue North and Broadway
• Copper Kettle Corn: Near the entrance of the Great Northern Depot
• Dippin’ Dots: One location near the Empire Tavern, another near the Hotel Donaldson
• Josie’s Corner Strawberry Patch: U.S. Bank Plaza
• Mama LaRonni’s Gourmet Italian Treats: Third Avenue North and Broadway
• Miller’s Concessions Lemonade Stand: Outside 15 Broadway
• Ro Ro’s Concessions Lemonade Cart: One at Fourth Avenue North and Broadway, and two others at Second Avenue North and Broadway
• Simply Nuts and More: Near King House Buffet
• Tasty Kettle Corn: One location on the U.S. Bank Plaza and another near Fort Noks Bar of Gold
• Forum Communications’ Pork Chop Feed (Thursday only): U.S. Bank Plaza