Jenn Harris and Booth Moore, Los Angeles Times, Published June 28 2012
A fab, fashionable Fourth
- Leave it to Vivienne Westwood to come up with an asymmetrical tricolor dress with a flattering cut appropriate for this holiday and every other day of the year. Her Anglomania Toga striped jersey dress ($430, Net-a-porter.com) is sure to spark some fireworks on its own.
- The Haute Hippie American flag-print stretch-denim shorts ($195, Shopbop.com) feature a faded pattern for a vintage feel.
- Throw your camera, sunglasses and essentials into the Totem Salvaged Appliqued cotton clutch ($275, Net-a-porter.com).
- Make your stars and stripes really sparkle with the Dannijo Liberty collar necklace ($895, Dannijo.com).
- The Converse Canvas low-top sneakers ($50, Net-a-porter.com) are great for casual parties. For a more elegant soiree, dress up in the Christian Louboutin Crepon 140 trompe l’oeil raffia wedge sandals ($535, Net-a-porter.com).
- There’s really no reason your smartphone case shouldn’t be every bit as stylish as you are. The Vineyard Vines Patchwork iPhone Case ($38, Vineyardvines.com) features fun lobster and fish patterns.
- Protect yourself from the sun’s rays by applying a coat of Dior’s Bronze Beautifying Protective Suncare for Face SPF 30 (price varies at select retailers) and don the Candie’s super floppy straw hat ($21.60, Kohl’s).
- Make a splash in the Dsquared2 Bridgitta B Bikini ($220.50, Shopbop.com).
- The red T-shirt by Alexander Wang in linen and silk-blended slub-jersey ($98, Net-a-porter.com) is a festive but comfy way to add a fun pop of color to a beach celebration. Or go with stripes in the Rag & Bone Ramblas tee ($175, Net-a-porter.com). For a spin on the classic stars and stripes, go black and white in the Equipment Diem tie-front blouse ($198, Shopbop.com).
- What would a day of fun in the sun be without the perfect pair of shades? The cat-eye acetate sunglasses by the Row ($445, Net-a-porter.com) give a chic retro vibe to any outfit.