« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Associated Press, Published June 28 2012

Fire heavily damages Mandan apartment building

MANDAN, N.D. — No tenants were hurt in a fire that destroyed the roof of a Mandan apartment building and damaged its interior, but two firefighters were treated at a hospital for heat exhaustion.

Fire Chief Steve Nardello says the Wednesday afternoon blaze at the two-story, eight-unit apartment building started on the balcony of one of the upper-story apartments but the exact cause was not immediately determined.

The Bismarck Tribune reports that members of a construction crew working on a house in the neighborhood saw smoke and alerted residents inside the apartment building.

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.