Meredith Holt, Published June 24 2012
SheSays' Favorite Things: Holt’s favorite lip products
I keep tubs, tubes and sticks of the stuff in my purse, my gym bag and at my desk.
I’m also fairly certain there are three or four rolling around under my driver’s seat.
If it promises to smooth, soften, nourish, rejuvenate, plump or otherwise enhance my lips, I want it.
Heck, if it comes in cute packaging, has a yummy flavor or pretty shimmer, I’ll buy it.
Here are my six favorite lip products:
1. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15 (Sugar and Rose) – I received this mini lip duo for my birthday from cosmetics superstore Sephora. The rich formula smells heavenly, goes on smooth and makes my lips feel great. Available in six tints. Rose is the perfect reddish tint for my skin tone. ($22.50 for full size)
2. Maybelline Baby Kiss (Peach Kiss) – The drugstore brand’s new balm promises “eight-hour hydration for visibly renewed lips in four weeks.” Available in six shades. ($3.99)
3. Mary Kay Nourishine Plus Lip Gloss (Pink Sateen) – This surprisingly creamy lip gloss conditions and protects nicely. Available in 14 colors. I’d like to try a couple more. ($14)
4. Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip Balm – Burt’s original lip balm became a favorite by accident when I borrowed a friend’s. It’s the best of the basic minty balms available. ($3)
5. The Body Shop Born Lippy Lip Balm (Strawberry) – I prefer stick or wand application because they’re no-mess, but I make an exception for Born Lippy. I also have Raspberry and Satsuma Shimmer. ($6)
6. Clinique Almost Lipstick (Black Honey) – Cult-favorite shade Black Honey is a little darker than I normally wear, but the transparent pigment somehow works on everyone. ($15)
Readers can reach Forum reporter Meredith Holt at (701) 241-5590