Jessica Ballou, Published June 24 2012
Monday night go-kart races begin tonight at fairgroundsWEST FARGO – Go-karts will invade the Red River Valley Fairgrounds here at 7:30 tonight for Monday night racing with the Red River Kart Club.
The races take place on a one-tenth mile asphalt track on the northwest corner of the fairgrounds. There is racing for all ages from 5 to 70 years old.
Entrance to the grandstands will be free, and gates open at 5:30 p.m.
Hot laps will start at 6:30 p.m., followed by the race at 7 p.m.
Call (701) 261-3673 for more information.
Other upcoming events in the area include:
• Tuesday: Wolf PACKtivities, Red River Zoo in Fargo. Spend some time learning about wolves and their behavior with games and activities at the zoo. This program is for children who have completed grades one through three. The cost is $20 for zoo members and $25 for non-members. Call (701) 277-9240 for more information.
• Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. throughout summer: Farmers Market at Dike East Park in Fargo. A variety of garden produce, breads, cookies, jams, jellies and more will be available. Call (701) 793-5532 for more information.
• Tuesday through Friday: “Lucky $tiff,” Minnesota State University Moorhead. A zany murder mystery farce about Harry Witherspoon, an English shoe salesman forced to take the corpse of his recently murdered uncle on a Monte Carlo vacation. If he succeeds, he stands to inherit $6 million. Call (218) 477-2764 for more information.
• Wednesday and Thursday: Eighth Street Art Fair at Davy Park in Moorhead. Forty regional artists will be selling paintings, pottery, jewelry, glass, clothing and more. The event is sponsored by the Red River Watercolor Society. Call (701) 820-0426 or (218) 299-5340 for more information.
• Wednesday through Sunday: Greater Grand Forks County Fair in Grand Forks. The fair will include rides, 4-H exhibits, dog and horse shows, baking contests, socials, concerts, demolition derbies and more. Call (701) 330-1238 for more information.
• Friday through Sunday: Fullerton, N.D., will celebrate its 125th anniversary with a parade, blacksmith shop, reunion banquet, tours, 5k run, fireworks and more. Call (701) 375-6049 for more information.
• Friday through Sunday: Hawley, Minn., 140th Anniversary and All School Reunion. There will be a variety of events, including Hawley Senior Living’s homemade doughnut and coffee open house from 2 to 4 p.m. Friday.
• Saturday: McLeod (N.D.) Stampede, featuring riders from Montana, Wyoming, Idaho and North Dakota. There will be a dance afterward with a live band on Main Street near The Duner. Call (701) 439-251 for more information.
• Saturday: Aitkin, Minn., Cruisn’ for Autism in Minnesota. The sixth annual CAM’s Ride Cruisn’ for Autism in Minnesota will start at the Junction gas station, north of Garrison on Highway 169. Driver cost is $20 and passenger cost is $15. Registration starts at 9:30 a.m., and the ride leaves at 11:30 a.m. Call (218) 678-2338 for more information.
• Saturday: Fergus Falls, Minn., WSCA Show. The Red Horse Riders Saddle Club will host a WSCA show at the Red Horse Ranch arena, with classes for youth to seniors. This event is open to the public. Call (218) 736-3000 for more information.
Readers can reach Forum reporter Jessica Ballou at (701) 241-5509