Published May 30 2012
Union workers embark on 200-mile marchDRAYTON, N.D. – With the next negotiating session between American Crystal Sugar and its locked-out union a week away, union workers are embarking on a 200-mile march to raise awareness and support for their cause.
A band of workers will travel by foot and hay wagon from Drayton to American Crystal’s headquarters in Moorhead over the week leading up to the June 8 talks.
The company’s 1,300 workers in the Red River Valley have been locked out for 10 months.
The caravan is scheduled to leave Drayton this morning and make the following stops:
• 6 p.m. Friday at Oslo (Minn.) City Park.
• 6 p.m. Saturday at East Grand Forks, Minn., SRA Campground.
• 6 p.m. Sunday at Crookston (Minn.) Central Park.
• 7:30 p.m. Monday at Belmont Park in Traill County, N.D.
• 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at Hillsboro (N.D.) City Park.
• 4 p.m. Wednesday at Davies Memorial Park in Moorhead before the march to Crystal headquarters.