Published May 25 2012
Empowering Classifieds: GIVE what you can; RECEIVE what you need - 05.26.12This is a free classified section for women's health and empowerment. Post what you need to RECEIVE or how you can GIVE your time, talent or treasure to support women in our community. Several postings will be featured each Saturday in SheSays. Go now to www.DivaConnection.org
or call (877) 404-3482.
- Miss Pre-Teen North Dakota needs help to get to the national pageant in Washington, D.C. She is offering modeling services in exchange for your donation. Visit www.divaconnection.org for more information.
- For almost two years, a mother with two young children has been delivering food to an average of 70 people each week. Now that woman, on a limited income, needs a reliable vehicle to continue her volunteer efforts. Can you help? Go to www.divaconnection.org
- Do you have chores you won’t get around to this summer? Let the teens in the Legacy Children’s Foundation do them for you! Help them earn money for their summer trips while you enjoy some free time! Contact Mary Jean at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can help a young mother feel the encouragement of the community and make it through a tough time by donating a new infant car seat or other baby items. Especially needed are size 1 and 2 diapers, sensitive baby wipes and toddler board books. All items will be distributed by Nurse Family Partnership, a program for first time moms with a limited income. Contact LeDora at (701) 241-1369.
- Teens want to make blankets for their peers experiencing domestic violence. Can you help by donating fleece? For each blanket we need 2 pieces of 1½ to 2 yards of fleece (preferably with print patterns appropriate for teens). Fleece should be placed in a plastic bag, tied closed and dropped off at the main office of First Lutheran Church, Fargo (619 Broadway) attn. Magda.
- Legacy Children’s Foundation needs a person to design a website and teach the teens to be active learners/leaders in maintaining the website. Please contact Mary Jean at email@example.com and empower local teens to take charge of their assets and finish high school!
- Spanish Translations KH is offering Spanish translation services to women. All services donated through Diva Connection Foundation are free and confidential. Our team translates all types of documents, limited to 1,000 words. Our Spanish translators are professionally qualified, native speakers. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Diva Connection Works! “THANK YOU – THANK YOU – THANK YOU. I am selling my home and must live only off my social security and must get a budget set up... You are my ANGEL!!!!” Diva Connection thanks In the Black Money Coaching for donating their time to help women set up a budget.