NDSU Extension Service, Published May 14 2012
ND 4-H Foundation announces 2012 scholarship recipientsThe North Dakota 4-H Foundation has awarded scholarships to 10 4-H members.
The scholarships and recipients are:
* Eleanor R. Schultz Memorial Scholarship ($300) - Desiree Enzminger, Kidder County
* Jerome Striegel Memorial Scholarship ($150) - Megan Ruch, Sargent County
* Rosevold Memorial Scholarship ($400) - John Klein, Ward/Oliver counties
* Farm & Ranch Guide ($500) - Roberta Kronberg, Dickey County
* North Dakota 4-H Foundation Scholarship (in honor of Erwin and Nora Klusmann and John Norgaard, $350) - Kyle Allan Aasand, Foster County
* John DeKrey Jr. and Hannah DeKrey Scholarship ($500) - Paul Subart, Kidder County
* John D. Paulson Memorial Award ($1,000 each) - Patricia Zikmund and Justin Zahradka, Walsh County
* Kelci Jo Willson Memorial Award ($300) - Kelli Vosberg, Richland County
* Steve E. and Mary M. Tuhy Scholarship ($500) - Elise Eberhardt, Cass County
As part of the selection process, applicants submit answers to questions about what skills and types of knowledge they gained from 4-H project and leadership experiences, how they used 4â€�H experiences to impact their communities and how 4â€�H has helped shape them as a person and influenced their futures.
"We feel it is important to consider many aspects when choosing award recipients," says foundation development director Mylie Lavold. "True education is about much more than a high grade point average. We are looking for youth who exhibit outstanding leadership and citizenship qualities. For us, character counts."
4-H is a community of young people across North Dakota learning leadership, citizenship and life skills. The North Dakota 4-H Foundation is 4-H's private- sector, nonprofit partner on the North Dakota State University campus.
The Center for 4-H Youth Development and NDSU Extension Service implement youth programs through the 53 Extension Service offices across the state. For more information about scholarships and other North Dakota 4-H activities, go to http://www.ndsu.edu/4h.