Published May 11 2012
Empowering Classifieds: GIVE what you can; RECEIVE what you need - 05.12.12This is a free classified section for women's health and empowerment. Post what you need to RECEIVE or how you can GIVE your time, talent or treasure to support women in our community. Several postings will be featured each Saturday in SheSays. Go now to www.DivaConnection.org
or call (877) 404-3482.
- For almost two years, a mother with two young children has been delivering food to an average of 70 people each week. Now that woman, on a limited income, needs a reliable vehicle to continue her volunteer efforts. Can you help? Visit www.divaconnection.org for more information.
- Do you have chores you just won’t get around to this summer? Let the teens in the Legacy Children’s Foundation do them for you! Help them earn money for their summer trips while you enjoy some free time! Contact Mary Jean at email@example.com.
- You can help a young mother feel the encouragement of the community and make it through a tough time by donating a new infant car seat or other baby items. Especially needed are size 1 and 2 diapers, sensitive baby wipes and toddler board books. All items will be distributed by Nurse Family Partnership, a program for first time moms with a limited income. Contact LeDora at (701) 241-1369.
- Teens want to make blankets for their peers experiencing domestic violence. Can you help by donating fleece? For each blanket we need 2 pieces of 1½ to 2 yards of fleece (preferably with print patterns appropriate for teens). Fleece should be placed in a plastic bag, tied closed and dropped off at the main office of First Lutheran Church, 619 Broadway, Fargo, attention: Magda.
- Spanish Translations KH is offering Spanish translation services to women. All services donated through Diva Connection Foundation are free and confidential. Our team translates all types of documents, limited to 1,000 words. Our Spanish translators are professionally qualified, native speakers. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Get back on financial firm ground. In the Black Money Coaching is offering free financial literacy presentations to women’s and teen groups. Also, free consultation to women and teens with help to setting up a budget and other personal finance topics. Contact email@example.com