Published April 20 2012
Empowering Classifieds: GIVE what you can; RECEIVE what you need - 04.21.12This is a free classified section for women's health and empowerment. Post what you need to RECEIVE or how you can GIVE your time, talent or treasure to support women in our community. Several postings will be featured each Saturday in SheSays. Go now to www.DivaConnection.org or call (877) 404-3482.
• Nurse Family Partnership needs the following items for their young, single moms: new Infant car seat, diapers sized newborn, 1, 2, 3, and 4, sensitive baby wipes, infant boy and girl clothes (can be new or gently used), baby toys and baby/toddler board books. Contact LeDora at (701) 241-1369.
• Spanish Translations KH is offering Spanish translation services to women. All services are free and confidential. The team translates all types of documents limited to 1000 words. Spanish translators are professionally qualified, native speakers. Contact email@example.com.
• Legacy Children’s Foundation is a new nonprofit in Fargo designed and led by local teens is empowering discouraged kids to take charge of their assets and finish high school. LCF is in need of a person to design and maintain web page and teach the teens so they can be active learners/leaders in maintaining the website. Please contact Mary Jean at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Moms in your teens and early 20s: Meet other women going through the same challenges at a Diva play group just for young moms. It’s free at 10:30 am. every Saturday at the Island Park playground or (if it’s raining) Dinoland in West Acres Mall. Visit www.divaconnection.org for more information.
• The Legacy Children’s Foundation needs fleece to tie into blankets. For each blanket we need 2 pieces of 1 ½ to 2 yards of fleece to tie into quilts for children and teens of domestic violence in Fargo. We prefer fleece with print patterns appropriate for teens. Fleece should be placed in a plastic bag, tied closed and dropped off at the main office of First Lutheran Church, Fargo (619 Broadway) Attn: Magda.
• Can you clean? Can you remodel? Can you “stage” a home for a sale? Guidance and assistance is needed to clean and remodel the home of a woman who needs to sell due to a chronic medical condition attacking her central nervous system. Visit www.divaconnection.org for more information.
• Several West Fargo 11- and 12-year-old girls are raising money to join their fellow dancers on an amazing trip to NYC. Visit DivaConnection.org to learn about fundraisers the group is holding, how you can make a donation, or help the dancers sell tickets to an upcoming spaghetti supper.