Published April 16 2012
Tax forms collected in Fargo until midnightFARGO – In anticipation of late tax return filers, the U.S. Postal Service has announced that mail will be collected until midnight at the Fargo Main Post Office at 657 2nd Ave. N. and the Prairiewood Station at 1455 32nd St. S.
The USPS also offered the following Tax Day mailing tips:
- Apply proper postage and stamps, especially with extra forms and schedules. It costs 45 cents for the first ounce. Additional ounces are 20 cents each.
- If a larger envelope is used, First Class postage is 90 cents for the first ounce.
- Double check the last collection time before depositing a tax return in a blue collection box on April 17 to ensure that the return is postmarked before the deadline.
- If using a non-IRS labeled envelope, make sure to print the proper IRS address.
- Print a return address in the upper-left-hand corner of the tax mail envelope.
- Customers with tax questions can contact the IRS at (800) 829-1040 or online at www.irs.gov