Published April 13 2012
Empowering Classifieds: GIVE what you can; RECEIVE what you needThis is a free classified section for women's health and empowerment. Post what you need to RECEIVE or how you can GIVE your time, talent or treasure to support women in our community. Several postings will be featured each Saturday in SheSays. Go now to www.DivaConnection.org
or call (877) 404-3482.
• Teenagers want to work for you. Legacy Children’s Foundation is a new nonprofit in Fargo designed and led by local teens to help them finish high school. Would like to work in small groups to do those jobs you can’t or don’t want to. Group is exceptionally good at collating, sorting and assembling items. Get more information at www.divaconnection.org.
• Several young girls may not get to join their team of fellow dancers on an amazing trip to NYC because the families cannot afford the cost. Visit DivaConnection.org to learn about fundraisers the group is holding, how you can make a donation, or help the dancers sell tickets to an upcoming spaghetti supper.
Nurse Family Partnership, a program for first time moms with limited income, is in need of baby quilts/blankets or other baby items for clients in the Fargo area. Please contact NFP Manager, LeDora at 241-1369 at Fargo Cass Public Health. Quilts are given to moms to encourage “Tummy time” for babies. Other items will be given to clients who are unable to afford them. Many clients donate used items back to the NFP Program to be used by other moms.
Legacy Children’s Foundation is seeking fleece to tie into blankets. Each blanket needs 2 pieces of 1½ to 2 yards of fleece to tie into quilts for children and teens of domestic violence in Fargo. (RRCAC). Fleece with print patterns appropriate for teenagers preferred. Place fleece in a plastic bag, tied closed and dropped off at the main office of First Lutheran Church, Fargo (619 Broadway) attn. Magda.
• Can you clean? Can you remodel? Can you “stage” a home for a sale? Guidance and assistance is needed to clean and remodel the home of a woman who needs to sell it due to a chronic medical condition attacking her central nervous system. Visit www.divaconnection.org for more information.
• Feel like you don’t fit in with the “soccer mom” crowd? Come join our Diva play group just for moms in their teens and early 20s. It’s free at 10:30 a.m. every Saturday at the Island Park playground or (if it’s raining) Dinoland in West Acres Mall.
• Help us spread the mission of Diva Connection Foundation by handing out our pamphlet at your favorite business or let us come and talk to your women’s group about how we can work together to EMPOWER women!