Forum staff reports, Published April 06 2012
Empowering Classifieds 04.07.12 | GIVE what you can... RECEIVE what you needThis is a free classified section for women's health and empowerment. Post what you need to RECEIVE or how you can GIVE your time, talent or treasure to support women in our community. Several postings will be featured each Saturday in SheSays. Go now to www.DivaConnection.org.
• Young girl may not get to join her team of fellow dancers on trip to NYC because her family cannot afford the cost. Visit DivaConnection.org to learn about fundraisers the group is holding and how you can donate.
• Feel like you don’t fit in with the “soccer mom” crowd? Join our Diva play group just for moms in their teens and early 20s. It’s free at 10:30 a.m. every Saturday at the Island Park playground or (if it’s raining) Dinoland in West Acres Shopping Center.
• Resident at YWCA would like a vehicle so she can get to her job each day and begin creating a new life for her family.
• Help us spread the mission of Diva Connection Foundation by handing out our pamphlet at your favorite business or let us come and talk to your women’s group about how we can work together to EMPOWER women!
• Give the gift of LIGHT to teen moms. Many are living in apartments without ceiling lights. Visit DivaConnection.org to find out where you can donate your used lamps.
• Be a DIVA MENTOR! Several teen moms in our area could really use three hours a week of your time.
Diva Connection Foundation is a “New Generation Foundation.” Using the resources of Impact Foundation, a 501(c)3, Diva Connection makes sure your donations are spent on people, not paperwork.