« Continue Browsing

e-mail article Print     e-mail article E-mail

Forum staff reports, Published April 05 2012

Moorhead house fire caused by items lit by stove burner

MOORHEAD – Fire investigators here say a fire here that heavily damaged a home last Thursday and left an 83-year-old woman unconscious was caused by items lit by a stove burner.

Fire Chief Rich Duysen said combustible items left on a stove at 1207 10th St. N. ignited after a burner was accidentally turned on.

Elaine Carlson was found unconscious at the scene by firefighters, and the day after the fire remained in critical condition at Sanford Health in Fargo.

Duysen said residents should remember not to leave or store items on their stove top, even if a burner is turned off.