Forum staff reports, Published March 28 2012
Youth aerospace program slatedGRAND FORKS – North Dakota State University Extension, along with the North Dakota 4-H Foundation and the University of North Dakota aerospace science school, is hosting a program for youth ages 12 to 15 at the UND School of Aerospace here April 29-30.
Participants will have the following opportunities:
- Learn the basics of aircraft structure, navigation, aerodynamics and air traffic control.
- Discover careers in aerospace science.
- Take the controls in a digital aircraft simulator.
- Attend a radio-controlled plane presentation.
- Tour the UND Aerospace facility.
- Build and launch rockets.
Participants need not be 4-H members to attend.
The registration fee is $35, which includes materials, lodging, an evening meal April 29, a continental breakfast the morning of April 30 and a snack.
The registration deadline is April 9. Registrations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
For more information or to register, visit the NDSU Center for 4-H Youth Development website at www.ndsu.edu/4h/.