Melissa Schmalenberger, Areavoices blogger, Published February 28 2012
Areavoices: Getting organized ... 10 minutes at a time
1. Go through three dresser drawers. I did that and the picture above is the results of what I pulled out. These were clothes that were either worn out or were too big. You would be surprised at how much you don’t actually wear.
2. Wash out two interior drawer shelves of the refrigerator. Take the time to wash them down with warm soapy water and toss the old and expired.
3. Go through two bathroom drawers. Only keep what you actually use. Do you have good intentions of using the little shampoos from hotels? Now is the time to use them up or donate them to a women’s shelter.
4. Grab 5 pairs of shoes that nobody wears anymore or that are too small.
5. Find 10 items in your kitchen that haven’t seen the light of day in a year…time to donate them!
6. Venture into your junk drawer and find 5 or more things that you are ready to part with.
7. Look at your cleaning supplies. How many of them do you really use? Keep what you use and donate or safely discard what you no longer use.
Leave a comment on your success stories! I know for many of you this is going to give you a snowball effect…you will just keep going once you start. Remember, the key is to just start!