Matt Von Pinnon, Published January 28 2012
Von Pinnon: Seven new members join The Forum Readers Board
Members stay on for a year, but terms are staggered by a half-year. The paper’s community sounding board chooses its own successors.
We want to first thank departing members whose terms expired in December: Gurnee Bridgman, Lisa Dahlen, Marcy Matson, Kevin Melicher, Tom Thoreson and Joshua Voytek.
New members are:
- Mary Batcheller, 29, of Fargo is director of business development for the Greater Fargo Moorhead Economic Development Corp. She earned a political science degree from the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities, is married, the mother of one daughter and is expecting another baby in May. Batcheller has lived in the area for six years.
- David Buchanan, 58, of Fargo is a professor in the department of animal sciences at North Dakota State University. He has a degree in quantitative genetics, is married and the father of three. He has lived in the area for four years after growing up here and moving away for many years.
- Kirk D. Carlson, 48, of West Fargo is a funeral director at West Funeral Home in West Fargo. He earned a degree in mortuary science from the University of Minnesota, is married and the father of two sons and a stepson.
- Arlene Mickley, 81, of Fargo is a retired educator and business owner. She earned degrees in English, physical education, science and elementary education at Minnesota State University Moorhead. She is widowed and the mother of three children, and has lived in the area since 1953.
- Danielle Teigen, 26, of West Fargo is the senior communications strategist at Ulteig Engineers. She earned a bachelor’s degree in journalism and a master’s degree in mass communications from NDSU, is married and has lived in the area for seven years.
- Denis Timm, 59, of Fargo earned a master’s degree in accounting from St. John’s University, N.Y., and worked as an assistant controller for a large art dealership in New York City before he retired. Timm moved to Fargo in 2009 and has been in a domestic partnership for 26 years.
- Andrew Robert Thorson, 20, of Fargo is studying economics and political science at NDSU. He graduated from Fargo South High School in 2009 and has lived in the area for 10 years.
Returning members are:
- Aaron Lamb, 36, of West Fargo is the president of Ergologistics and chief operating officer of Formula Now, both businesses at the NDSU Research and Technology Park Incubator. He studied French and international studies with a business focus at NDSU. He is married and the father of six children ages newborn to 13. Lamb has lived in the area for 15 years.
- Katie Hutton, 25, of Fargo is the communications coordinator for the Fargo Moorhead West Fargo Chamber. She earned a bachelor’s degree in print journalism and public relations from Concordia College and a master’s degree in mass communications from NDSU. She is married and has lived in the area for nearly seven years.
- Sharon L. Miller, 53 of Durbin, N.D., works as an independent staffing consultant and is principal of Dynamic Business Cultures. She earned a bachelor’s degree in English from the University of Minnesota, is married and the mother of three children. Miller has lived in the area for 14 years.
- Melissa Vosen Callens, 29, of Fargo is a teacher and academic adviser at NDSU. She earned a doctorate in English and a master’s degree in English education at NDSU. She is married and has lived in the area for 10 years.
- Krista Thom, 24, of Fargo is an academic relationship manager for APAC Customer Services. She earned a bachelor’s degree in English from Texas A&M University. She grew up in Edgeley, N.D., and has lived in Fargo since 2010.
Von Pinnon is editor of The Forum. Reach him at (701) 241-5579.